Monday, June 22, 2009

An instrument, a means, a love...

Got a juke box on my shoulders
And a shuffle button for a heart.
Can’t decide for the life of me
Is it you that I love, need, want?

A little attention lifts my spirits
Got me grinning like an idiot.
Ear to ear I stretch my smile.
Stopped counting the dreams jumping o’er the stile

Have I loved you a life before?
With you, walked many miles?
These images etched in my brain
Dreams, or life memories I can’t reclaim?

Will you be mine once more this time?
Can this love absolve all crime
of those that went before us?
Tomorrow perhaps, is our unison wondrous.

I’m a guitar, you’re the strings
Learning chord by chord
Soon enough noise will be sound
No-one can tell us apart, me and you, entwined, bright.

1 comment:

Yes, I appreciate your "two pennies", drop in!