Sunday, December 07, 2008

I wore each one

Until I could bear it no longer,

until they smelt like me

Where did he go?

Just a weekend trip, he said,

to the feilds and back.

He'd then take me for a ride,

He'd see us through these aging times.

Just a weekend trip,

to the feilds with the ol' boys,

awakening some elephantine memories.

The feilds were baited

the elephants, traps

the ol' men, fatally trapped.

I did have a my ride,

the First and last of it's kind

memories of him with me to my grave.

1 comment:

  1. It's not like you to write something so gloomy and cynical about life in general.
    Don't step on my turf. :)

    Honestly, are you alright? Your prose and poetry both sound like you've already taken anti-depressants and they aren't working at all...

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I appreciate your "two pennies", drop in!